HOTEL GENERATION '18
This year the second edition of hotel generation is taking shape as an artist development programme aimed at artists up to the age of 26 and specifically from outside of London, within the UK. In February we put out an open call for exhibition proposals based on our 2018 programme theme: Islands.
From the open call we shortlisted four artists:
They will each receive a stipend to begin the research and development stage of their proposal. Working closely with the arebyte team, the shortlisted four will be provided with professional guidance, studio visits, critical feedback, and general mentoring and assistance.
One final artist will then be selected by a panel of judges and receive further funding to realise an exhibition at the gallery space. This year's panel of judges are:
- new media specialist Steve Fletcher (Director and Founder of The Artists' Development Agency; Director and Founder of Carroll/Fletcher, London)
- curator Mariana Orlotti (Cripta747, Turin, Italy)
- British artist Ed Fornieles
- curator Jonathan Watkins (Director of Ikon Gallery, Birmingham)
- art collector, philanthropist Candida Gertler OBE (Director and Founder of Outset Contemporary Art Fund)
- Pauline de Souza (Founder and director of Diversity Art Forum)
The exhibition will run for three weeks in November 2018 with support from Diversity Art Forum.
All four shortlisted artists will be part of an exhibition publication with commissioned texts and information about their respective practices
Our submissions criteria.
– be aged 26 or under
– make work incorporating emerging and digital media
– have graduated from a university located outside of London
(BA, MA, MFA or equivalent) and not currently in education
– be living in the UK but outside of London (at the time of application)
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED - will reopen early 2019